Meet the Staff

Kathy Counterman, Library Media Specialist

KatherineFCounterman@katyisd.org

281-237-6478

I’m originally from Ohio (born and raised in University Heights, a suburb of Cleveland). I received my Bachelor’s of Science in Education and Master’s of Education in Reading from Bowling Green State University (Go Falcons!). After moving to Houston with my husband in 2006, I received my Master’s of Information and Library Science from University of Houston – Clear Lake. This is my 11th year in Katy ISD – seven years in the classroom and four years in the library. When not at work, I enjoy reading, watching movies, scrapbooking, and playing with my daughters Lilly (3 years old) and Evelyn (six months old). I absolutely LOVE being a librarian because I get to see everyone’s smiling face and share my love of reading!

Carla Bustamante, Library Aide

CarlaDBustamante@katyisd.org

281-237-6455

I was born in a small town in East Texas.  When I was 3 months old, my family returned overseas where I grew up.  I loved the life in Venezuela, a country in South America.  The customs and culture were different from the American way, but also very similar.  It was hot all year long and we only had two seasons a Rainy and a Dry Season.  I went to an American School from Kinder through 12th and taught English as a Second Language at a Daycare and to businessmen at ENELVEN, the Venezuelan Electric Company for my last few years of High school.     After graduating from High school, I moved back to the United States, Texas to be exact, and attended College and a Business School.  I married my childhood sweetheart and when he graduated from college, we moved back to Venezuela.   I opened a Gymnastics and Aerobics Academy, called Acrobics, where I taught children from 4 to 17 years old as well as adult Aerobics classes for approximately five years.  Then I went to work for an Insurance Office, had three children, all wonderful boys, and eventually made my way up to Office Manager.  In 2001 I moved back to the United States, worked in an Insurance office for several years and then decided to find a job where I could interact with children again.  Yeah!! I am now at Fielder Elementary.  I worked in the front office for the first couple of years, and to my surprise, I have now been moved to the Library where I can read stories to students, help them pick out their books,  and help them develop my favorite hobby or pastime – Reading. Go Falcons!!