Fielder Elementary’s First Annual Literacy Night is going to take place on Thursday, January 29th from 6:00-8:00pm. Come dressed as your favorite book character and bring the whole family!
- “Books are Magic” by magician Chad Chesmark 6:00-6:30
- poetry jam where students can read their own poems or those provide
- Test your literary knowledge with a Kahoot gameshow
- Take your picture with book character
- Learn about e-books, reading websites and apps, library programs, and how to check out books as a parent
- Dress up like your favorite book character
- The first 50 students through the door will receive a free book!
- Donate books to classroom teachers through “The Giving Tree”
Things to bring:
- Mobile Devices (ipads, tablets, phones) to take pictures and play games
- New or gently used books to donate to teachers at “The Giving Tree”
- Poems to perform at the Poetry Jam
The spring semester has started out full-speed here in the library! In the next month, we will have Bluebonnet voting, Bluebonnet Bash, the first annual Literacy Night, and a visit from the poet Brod Bagert!
- Bluebonnet (3-5) forms are due Thursday, January 15th. Students that turn in completed forms by this date will receive an invitation to the Bluebonnet voting on January 21st and the Bluebonnet Bash on February 10th.
- Adventures in Literacy, Fielder’s first annual Literacy Night, will be Thursday, January 29th from 6:00-8:00. Come see a magician who demonstrates how books are magic, play along and test your literary knowledge with a Kahoot! gameshow, learn about Fielder’s FREE e-books, research databases, and parent book checkouts, and more!! All students will receive a bragtag and the first 50 students through the door will receive a FREE book!
- The poet Brod Bagert will be here on February 4th to visit grades K-3. Look for an order form coming home in the Monday folders on January 12th! You can also click on the “author visit” tab above.